The role of Swords Jobs Club
The Jobs Club provides a service to assist jobseekers to enter / re-enter employment through the provision of individualised supports. The Jobs Club provides comprehensive training through workshops which enables jobseekers to take positive steps towards realising their career plans and to explore and follow-up employment opportunities. The Jobs Club service provides active, practical and participative supports under the guidance and supervision of a Jobs Club Leader.
The purpose of Jobs Club
The Jobs Club aims to network with local employers and recruitment agencies, developing long lasting relationships while increasing its list of potential employers and recruiters. It will also keep up to date with current job market trends and specific growth areas in the recruitment/employer industry locally and nationally.
It is intended that the Jobs Club formal workshops will be flexible and responsive to the special requirements and aptitudes of jobseekers and/or sectorial requirements.
Topics covered on the workshops include:
- Profiling of individual clients skills;
- The value of transferable skills;
- Industry standard CV design and build;
- Professional cover letter writing;
- Digital marketing as a tool for recruitment;
- Matching client’s skills with employment opportunities;
- Facilitation of workshops on enhancing personal confidence and self-esteem;
- Drawing up Individual employment plans, setting strategic goals;
- The interview process; what are employers looking for today? and how to present the best version of yourself throughout the interview;
- 1-1 professional coaching & mentoring;
- Overview of the recruitment and selection process;
- Group participation and motivation;
- Posting online applications;
- Sourcing local job opportunities and addressing specific trends;
- Provision of ad-hoc targeted workshops on behalf of the Department of Social Protection;
- Presentation delivery at Department of Social Protection Group Engagement Sessions;
A calendar of planned workshops is available in the Employment Service and LES offices.[/mk_toggle][mk_toggle title=”Drop-in Service” icon=”mk-theme-icon-plus” el_class=”toggle-sub-themes”]Drop-in Service allows jobseekers to avail of the facilities of the Job Club at their own convenience.[/mk_toggle][mk_padding_divider size=”70″][mk_fancy_title style=”avantgarde” tag_name=”h2″ size=”48″ line_height=”50″ color=”” font_weight=”bold” font_family=”none” margin_bottom=”38″ align=”center”]Our Team[/mk_fancy_title]